Jump start your public safety career by enrolling in the Regional Telecommunicator Academy!
The Regional Telecommunicator Academy provides required training and certification for new 9-1-1 telecommunicators. It is a multi-week academy providing a level of excellence across the region. New telecommunicators will learn necessary skills that will allow them to leap forward in their career.
RTA #011 begins July 12 and ends August 6. Orientation is on July 8, 2021.
RTA #011 will be a hybrid of in-person classroom instruction and virtual courses. All courses relating to the licensing exam will be in-person while supplemental courses will be virtual.
To support the safety and needs of students and staff in the classroom and to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the following guidelines will be ensured:
- Thermal temperature checks of visitors (instructors and students) periodically (start of class and following breaks/lunch).
- Social distancing by combining Training Centers A and B into a larger training facility.
- PPE is available for visitors.
- Establishing a sanitizing station and providing wipes/hand sanitizer throughout the classroom.
- Staff and visitors will be required to wear facial masks when they are moving around the room or gong to the restroom.
- All tables and chairs will be wiped down at least twice a day (beginning and end of class).
Attendees of RTA #011 will learn:
- TCOLE Rules and Regulations
- Crisis Communications
- Active Shooter
- And more!
The course also includes a state licensing review and exam. Applications or questions should be sent to NCT9-1-1 Training Coordinator Bret Batchelor, BBatchelor@NCT911.org.
*Dates subject to change depending on future shelter in place mandates due to the Coronavirus pandemic