Jump start your public safety career by enrolling in the Regional Telecommunicator Academy!
The Regional Telecommunicator Academy provides required training and certification for new 9-1-1 telecommunicators. It is a four-week academy providing a level of excellence across the region. New 9-1-1 telecommunicators will learn necessary skills that will allow them to leap forward in their career.
RTA #012 begins January 24-February 18. Orientation is on January 19, 2022.
RTA #012 will be an in person academy.
To support the safety and needs of students and staff in the classroom and to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the following guidelines will be ensured:
- Daily sign-in sheets to be completed by all attendees to check for any COVID related symptoms or exposure prior to participating in training.
- Social distancing by combining Training Centers A and B into a larger training facility.
- PPE is available for visitors.
- Establishing a sanitizing station and providing wipes/hand sanitizer throughout the classroom.
Attendees of RTA #012 will learn:
- Basic Telecommunicator Licensing Course Requirements and Testing
- Active Shooter
- And more!
The course also includes a state licensing review and exam. Applications or questions should be sent to NCT9-1-1 Training Coordinator Bret Batchelor, BBatchelor@NCT911.org.
*Dates subject to change depending on future shelter in place mandates due to the Coronavirus pandemic