Who is NCT9-1-1?
The North Central Texas Council of Governments 9-1-1 Program (NCT9-1-1) is responsible for 43 Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) in 13 counties surrounding the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. The NCT9-1-1 Program serves a population of 1.9 million and 10,800+ square miles.
- NCT9-1-1 DOES NOT answer or respond to emergencies.
- If you have an actual emergency requiring a response from police, fire, or emergency medical services (EMS), please call 9-1-1 or your local phone numbers for emergency services in your community.
- NCT9-1-1 will respond to inquiries regarding the communications and technology infrastructure of the 9-1-1 system within North Central Texas.
After the passage of House Bill 911 in 1987, the regional planning councils of Texas began to undertake the planning and implementation of 9-1-1 services on behalf of their local governments. Between June 1991 and January 1992, the planning, coordination of the system design, and general preparations for Enhanced 9-1-1 in our region was completed. The 25th anniversary of the NCT9-1-1 Program occurred in 2016.
- Revolutionize the delivery of 9-1-1 services
- Inspire 9-1-1 evolution through collaboration and awareness
- Enhance call delivery and location accuracy