Work for 9-1-1
We hire our employees from a wide range of technical and professional backgrounds. We are often looking for specialists in network technology, computer systems and GIS as well as public servants with experience in 9-1-1 call taking and dispatching, public administration, project management, and other fields.
For open positions and job descriptions, follow this link.
9-1-1 Visual Media Coordinator
- The North Central Texas Emergency Communications District is looking for a Visual Media Coordinator to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to use your knowledge and skills to visually tell the district’s story and ultimately help save lives!
Saving Lives and Making a Difference!
The North Central Texas Emergency Communications District (NCT9-1-1) is responsible for 40 plus Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) in the 13 counties surrounding the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. The district supports these PSAPs through maintaining and upgrading 9-1-1 equipment, providing up-to-date mapping information, training 9-1 telecommunicators, educating the public on the proper use of 9-1-1, and monitoring PSAP functionality and compliances. NCT9-1-1 serves a population of 1.7 million and 10,000+ square miles.
The purpose of this position is to coordinate and provide graphics design services, photographic services, and videography services to the 9-1-1 district. Responsibility includes assisting staff in determining graphic needs; designing and creating graphic products; operating graphics oriented software and computer equipment; soliciting and evaluating bids for agency contract printing; producing and maintaining graphic and photographic archive files; and videography capabilities to include filming and editing.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Design and create 9-1-1 related graphics, photographs, and videos
- Coordinate 9-1-1 graphic, photographic, and videography projects
- Maintaining 9-1-1 webpages and social media sites
- Maintain integrity of district branding to include logos and other educational material
- Provide photographic and videography services based on district needs
- Develop and maintain a photo, graphics, and video library archive system
- Managing the communications/public education budget
- Required Skills
- Excellent design and content development skills are a must
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Pro Suite to include Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere
- Oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong analytical skills
- Highly customer services oriented
- Able to multitask and prioritize
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least one year of related experience. College courses, projects, and extracurricular experience applies.
If you are excited about the opportunity to develop and manage a comprehensive visual media and communications campaign with a big impact, go to https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/ to apply. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, a current resume, and digital portfolio to include samples of relevant design work.
New employees must successfully complete the Department of Public Safety’s F.A.S.T. (Fingerprint Applicant Services of Texas) fingerprinting process and have no adverse results prior to his/her start date.
Take Charge of Your Career and Apply Now!
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Job Location
- ARLINGTON, United States
- Position Type
Our program offers paid internships with flexible work schedules for 20 -39 hours per week. Our interns come from a variety of studies including Telecommunications, GIS, Computer Science and Public Administration.
For more information, see our Internships page.
Our mission statement is “Saving Lives and Making a Difference”. We strive everyday to meet the expectations of our region’s citizens in providing the best 9-1-1 services available by following our three core values: Courage, Heart, & Attitude.
The work at NCT9-1-1 is challenging, evolving, rewarding, and important. Every member of our team makes daily contributions to carrying out our mission.
The NCT9-1-1 offices are in the entertainment district of the City of Arlington in the middle of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. The local area also has tons of great shopping, dining, parks, and museums.
Our employees live in one of the fastest growing regions in the country. From the studios, lofts and condos in the hearts of the big cities to the green pastures of the North Central Texas rural counties, there is a wide variety of communities to call home within a reasonably short commute time.
Things To Do For:
- The Outdoorsy- There are many lakes and state parks within a short driving distance of the Metroplex. Many places to go mountain biking, hiking, fishing, boating, and camping are less than an hour away.
- The Shopper- There are several outlet and up-scale shopping centers in the Metroplex. The North Dallas, Plano and Addison areas offer some of the best shopping in the state. We are also an Amazon Same-Day and One-Day delivery region for online shoppers.
- The Foodie- The Metroplex is very culturally diverse area. Whether you like Texas BBQ, Sushi, Cajun, Steakhouses, Italian, French, Mediterranean, Korean, Thai, or Indian, there is a spot probably just around the corner. Many highly-rated restaurants are located in the downtown and nearby districts of Fort Worth and Dallas.
- The Weekend Sightseer- If getting out of the city and taking a road trip is your thing, North Texas is a fantastic location to be based. Driving to the Gulf Coast or the Ozarks for a weekend getaway is easy and very affordable. There are hundreds of other locations to reach on just a few hours drive that feature national historic sites, wineries, theme parks, and other must-see attractions.
- The Sports Fan- We have teams here in all the major sports leagues. You can become a hometown fan of the Dallas Cowboys, Stars, and Mavericks, cheer on the Texas Rangers and FC Dallas, and check out some of the minor league baseball, basketball and hockey games. Or, you can see your favorite team play here as a visitor.
We offer a package of many desirable benefits to our full-time employees including:
- Health & Dental Care
- Work/Life Balance Programs
- Professional Development
- Flexible scheduling for certain positions
- Incentive programs